- Write your workout in your Calendar. Don't burn yourself out by trying to workout every day but make a realistic schedule for yourself. Schedule your workout as much as you would schedule a meeting for work or a doctors appointment. Then instead of "squeezing" your workout into your busy schedule, you can arrange the rest of your day around your workout.
- Workout in the AM. Statistics have shown that people who work out in the mornings tend to be in better shape than those who work out in the afternoon. Why? Because as the day goes on, things come up.
- Make your workout a priority. If your health is important to you, so should your workout. If you don't make exercise a priority, something better will always come along.
- It takes 21 days to create a habit. Even if you don't feel well, try to do something to keep you in your routine.
- Working out is like brushing your teeth. When I'm running late in the morning, I still brush my teeth. When I'm exhausted and all I want to do is go to bed, I still brush my teeth. If we brush our teeth to keep a happy, healthy smile, why don't we workout to keep a happy, healthy body?
- Its a Marathon, Not a Sprint. As with most things in life, it takes time to change your body. If you have a vacation coming up, two weeks nonstop in the gym may help you feel better and it may even help you look better. But if you really want that beach babe body, you've gotta do more than just a two week "sprint" at the gym. Your fitness routine should be an unending marathon and when a special event is coming up, we can tune up with a little extra "sprint" training.
Stay Fit, babes xo