Happy Friday Babes! As promised, here is your weekly workout. This 15 minute circuit will kick your booty in to shape in no time at all. Grab your timer and do each of the following exercises as hard as you can for one minute each. We are going straight through three rounds with no rest. You can do it!
1. Squat: Start with feet shoulder width apart, toes facing forward. Weight is in the heels as we bend the knees and shoot the glutes out behind us. Make sure that the knees track over the toes and we keep the core engaged. Pelvis should remain in neutral. Pressing through the heels come all the way back to standing and squeeze the booty. If you're more advanced, take it off the floor and land with knees bent.
2. Tricep Dip: Start with your palms on the mat behind you with finger tips facing toward your body. Lift the hips all the way up to table top. Keep the core engaged with hips lifted and bend the elbows. Inhale as your elbows shoot out behind you and exhale to bring it all the way back up. Feel the back of the arms start to burn! If you need to modify, do this on your fists to support the wrists. You can also bring your hands up onto a step.
3. Bridge + Hamstring Extension: Start on the back with bent knees and feet flat on the mat. Weight in our heels as we engage the glutes and our hips come up off the mat. Keep the abdominals engaged, squeezing the booty with hips once inch off the mat. From here extend the right leg straight and then the left. Bring both legs all the way out then all the way back. If you need to modify just do one leg at a time.
4. Knee Highs: With arms across the chest, drive through the heels and engage the abdominals to bring your knees to your chest. Lift your legs as high and as fast as you can. Here's your chance to get your heart rate up!
5. Forearm Plank: With your elbows directly underneath your shoulders and hands in line with your elbows, press your palms into the mat and extend both legs out behind you. Make sure to keep your hips in line with your spine and you draw your navel all the way up to the sky. Hold it here or if you want to make it harder, alternate tapping your right and left legs to the side. If you're really advanced, try bringing both legs out and in at the same time like a jumping jack! Just make sure your booty doesn't bounce and that you're keeping the back flat the entire time.
Ready, Set, GO! xo