What does this mean for Beach Babe Fitness? Well, lucky for all you mother's and mother's to be, over the next few months I'll be sharing my exercises for a safe and healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery. You can also follow along postpartum as I get my body back in shape.
However, for those of you who don't want all the baby stuff, I'm going to limit my "baby" talk to just once a week. I'll still be sharing all my other tips and tricks to use with or without a baby on a weekly basis.
Now, as my first pregnancy, I've gotta share just a few things I've experienced thus far...
- This is wayyy harder than I thought it was going to be. Luckily I haven't felt too nauseous, but the way I like to explain the way I feel on a daily basis is that I'm hungover 24/7 but obviously haven't been drinking.... ya it sucks.
- Exercising is so hard but it's the only thing that get's me through the day. I have a constant dull headache and I'm out of breath just from walking up the stairs. With that being said, I'm forced to get up and get to work. Which for me, means teaching 15 classes a week. While the idea of teaching totally sucks before every single class, I feel so much better afterwards! Seriously, exercise is key to feeling somewhat normal.
- I never knew I could sleep this much. I've never felt so lazy. Some days I take 3-4 hour naps. I mean, are you kidding me? No I'm not. I feel so tired during the day, all I can do is sleep. Now you know why I haven't been posting as often.
- My taste buds have already changed completely, making it nearly impossible to eat healthy. Before I even knew I was pregnant, I took a bite of broccoli and thought it was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Unfortunately, my taste for veggies is completely gone. I thought that once I was prego I would be eating super healthy for me and my baby, and yet I have to force myself to eat at least one raw meal a day. I've also taken up a weird fascination with orange juice... it's just so good.
- My body is no longer my own. While I'm not showing yet, I definitely have a little pooch in my tummy. I've got to pee every hour (I wake up four times in the middle of the night). And as if they weren't big enough already, my boobs are huge! Also, at night it feels like there's a brick in my stomach (aka a baby).
Thanks everyone for your patience over the last few weeks. I'm so glad I can finally let you in on our little secret. Chad and I are so thrilled to enter this new chapter in our lives! xo