One of the only things I could stomach when I was first pregnant, I would crave it constantly. Good news is that it's filled with nutritional yumminess too. Loaded with Vitamin C, it helps your body absorb iron (vital during pregnancy to combat anemia) and builds immunity. It's also packed with Vitamin B (energy!) and Potassium (relieves cramps!). And like I said, I'm all about adding a handful of your favorite greens like Kale, Chard or Spinach to really give you a nutritional kick.
But don't let the color fool you, while you will be green for St. Patrick's, this smoothie is creamy tropical deliciousness that even your kiddos will enjoy!
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 Cups Spinach, Kale or other leafy green
- 1 Cup Frozen Peaches
- 1 Cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut (flakes or shredded)
- 1 Tablespoon Flax meal
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (add more if needed to blend)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (optional -- I like this one)
* Always use organic whenever possible
Blend with frozen on the bottom, greens on top and fill with milk.... pour and enjoy!