Sometimes it's the little things that can make a huge difference. I want to share with you a few small changes in your daily habits that will help you to live a healthier lifestyle.. without sacrificing and without a lot of discipline.
If you want to live healthy in 2014 but don't know where to start, here are my baby steps towards healthy living:
- Always take the stairs: Unless you've got 4 or more flights ahead of you or are overloaded with baggage, groceries etc, there's no reason to take the elevator or escalator. How much effort will it take to actually walk up 30 steps? Not a whole lot. But if you do this 4 or more times a day, you'll start to reap the benefits.
- Start your day with a glass of water: Before breakfast, coffee or tea, start you day with a glass of water. It's so simple and so good for you. It's a great way to hydrate and really break the fast. For added benefit, add lemon or cucumber.
- Eat Breakfast: Speaking of breakfast, make sure you eat it! This is a big one for a lot of people. I'm truly surprised by how many people skip breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is muy importante. A healthy breakfast of oatmeal or eggs has become my favorite meal of the day. For more info read my post, Breakfast Like a King.
- Park in the Back: Don't search for the closest parking spot. This is especially true when you're headed to the gym. Do you ever find yourself searching for a closer spot? It's kind of an oxymoron. Park on the opposite side of the parking lot when you go out to dinner, the mall, or the gym and use that walk to help digest or warm up.
- Have a Bedtime: I encourage you to set a bedtime for yourself this year. Since my pregnancy, I've set a new bedtime habit of getting ready for bed at 10pm. I'm usually up for the next 30 minutes but I've been falling asleep before 11pm on a regular basis and it's making a huge difference. Set your DVR (or watch your favorite show online) and go to sleep!
- Take Supplements: I've always acknowledged the importance of vitamins and supplements but have had a hard time making a daily habit of taking them everyday. It's really so simple though. Since I've been taking my pre-natals on the daily, it's amazing how my hair skin and nails just keep getting better. I also haven't gotten sick at all since taking daily supplements. And that doesn't just go for pre-natals, do some research and find nutrients you're lacking that you can incorporate into a daily supplement. Just make sure you're getting them from a quality provider like this one.
How easy is that? Anyone can do it. And it won't break the bank, it won't require a whole lot of time. Try to incorporate these simple steps into your daily routine this year and you'll be feeling fitter and healthier in no time.